The Purple Slush Foundation was registered as a Charitable Organization in 2018 under the Charities Act, 2013 by the Department of Co-orperatives and Friendly Societies (Agency of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries). The ‘Pack A Bag’Campaign is the first campaign by the foundation that sought to provide packed school bags for students in need in Eastern Jamaica in particular St. Thomas. The Foundation’s main source of funding is its major annual fund raiser – the ‘Purple Slush Family Fun Day’ held at Colonel Cove, Morant Bay in St. Thomas, Jamaica.
The objectives of the Purple Slush Foundation are:
- To solicit, accept and disperse books, school bags, educational materials, computers, tablets and other equipment for students in need at selected learning institutes in Eastern Jamaica.
- To improve the socio-economic conditions of students throughout Eastern Jamaica through the collection and distribution of tuitions, school supplies and other educational supplies on their behalf.
- To seek continuous local and international support in cash or kind for students in need while creating awareness as to the number of at-risk students in Jamaica.
Help us to give back!
The organizers for Purple Slush pride themselves in giving back. We secured over 1500 packed school bags since inception. This year we have started soliciting sponsorship early and aim to provide over 2000 school bags and supplies to students in need. Help us to help others by donating below:
HELP US TO HELP OTHERS! – PACK-A-BAG!
Apply for a Primary School Scholarship (Deadline to Apply: June 14, 2019)
Scholarships are valued at $25,000.00 and must be used towards any or all the following: school fee, books, supplies and uniforms.
- Child must reside in St. Thomas
- Child must be enrolled in a Primary School in St. Thomas
- Child must have an average of 70% and over to qualify (a copy of Report Card is needed)
- Child must be in need of financial assistance
- 1 Reference form must be signed by the Principal or Vice Principal and the other by the child’s form teacher
Contact Line – 876-833-5444
Please upload and submit the following: